November 21, 2013

Conviction

Everyone has opinions. Some are quiet with them and some shout them to the world. I've never met anyone without their own opinions. From my experience, I've also found that everyone has something that they feel strongly about.

What are your convictions? Now here's another good question: does the way you speak about those beliefs or opinions reflect the way you feel about them?

"I challenge you to speak with conviction; to say what you believe in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it."

And I, too, offer you a challenge. I challenge you to resolve today to be true to your convictions. This is not to encourage closed-mindedness or arrogance, but firmness and integrity. In a world where standards are too often compromised, it's important to cultivate the habit of being true to who you are and what you stand for.

No comments:

Post a Comment