November 7, 2013

Slowin' it down

Conquering your fears sure isn't an easy thing to do. After writing last week's post, I set to work to see what I could do to overcome my challenges. And I was once again reminded that it's a process, something that often comes slowly. Taking a hero's journey, a path to awesome, or whatever other name you know it by--it's a journey. It takes time, faith, trust, and sometimes a little pixie dust. ;) So don't give up on it. Press on right to the end. Put a smile on your face. Look up. Be grateful to be a part of your own adventure. And if even that is a challenge, you are definitely not alone. Finding joy in the journey is sometimes hard--really hard. But it does come.

I promised I'd come back and write about this week's experience, so what I do differently this week knowing my fears are optional?

I slowed down.

I took 10 minutes each day to meditate, clearing my mind of distractions and worries. I stopped to speak to a friend. And one night when the stars were glowing bright I laid outside on the trampoline and just wondered about this world we call home. The sky seems so big when it's just you, the cool breeze, and an endless expanse of stars above.

It's hard to forget what you live for when you take time each to remind yourself. Even when a mountain of stress seems to have taken up permanent residence in your life, a few minutes isn't too much to spare when it brings a new sense of confidence.

This here is one of my favourite short videos. Basically sums up everything I just rambled on about...in only three minutes. Enjoy. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment